Hell Creek is the main setting of the video game Saurian. Geographically located in the American northwest, it yields fossils of some of the most famous dinosaurs, such as Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus. In particular, Saurian takes place in a fossil site of the Hell Creek Formation referred to as Bone Butte, the location where Dakotaraptor was discovered.
Hell Creek is currently the only location featured in Saurian, however, the developers have stated that the Two Medicine Formation with Gorgosaurus and Styracosaurus (Rubeosaurus under its invalid classifcation Styracosaurus ovatus) as playable dinosaurs will be made if their Kickstarter campaign reaches $300K. The Duluth News Tribute has also reported that if the base game retains a fervent audience, future versions will feature locations based on other fossil formations, such as the Morrison Formation.
- Bone Butte Bird
- Hell Creek Alvarezsaur
- Hell Creek Ornithomimid
- Blechnum sp.
- Dryophyllum subfalcatum
- Erlingdorfia montana
- Fokienopsis catenulata
- Ginkgo adiantoides
- Humulus sp.
- Marmarthia pearsonii
- Palaeoaster inquirenda
- Platanites marginata
Behind the scenesEdit
The Hell Creek Formation was chosen by the developers because it was where Triceratops and Tyrannosaurus lived, both which are famous dinosaurs.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ (March 17, 2016) Saurian Facebook Timeline.
- ↑ Turinetti, Nick. (April 17, 2016) April 13th Livestream: The Aftermath. Saurian Website. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- ↑ SAURIAN - An open world dinosaur survival experience. Kickstarter.
- ↑ Salter, Brady. (June 24, 2016) Dino-themed video game soaring: Duluth man part of development team that raised $220K online. Duluth News Tribute.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 The World of Saurian. Saurian Website. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Parker, Tom. (August 19, 2016) Saurian DevLog #1. Saurian Website. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- ↑ Saurian DevLog #18
- ↑ Parker, Tom. (September 1, 2016) Saurian DevLog #2. Saurian Website. Retrieved September 10, 2016.
- ↑ Episode 65: Saurian. Palaeocast.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Marrazzo, Joey. (June 7, 2016) Dino Talk with Saurian Devs Urvogel Studios. GameSkinny. Retrieved September 10, 2016.